The key to winning a medical malpractice case and getting the maximum amount of compensation for the victim’s damages is hiring a qualified, experienced Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible.
Medical malpractice happens when the negligent actions of a hospital, doctor or other health care professional result in injury to a patient. Misdiagnosis of emergency medical conditions, failure to warn a patient of known risks, improper treatments, surgical and anesthesia errors, mistakes during childbirth and failing to properly monitor a patient’s conditions are all examples of negligent behavior that could result in serious injury or even death for a patient. Injured patients may be forced to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the responsible health care professional or organization in order to collect compensation for the damages resulting from their injuries.
To prevail in a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice case, the plaintiff must prove that:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed.
- The doctor owed a duty of care to the patient.
- The doctor failed to act according to the accepted standard of care.
- This deviation from the standard of care caused the patient’s injury.
- The patient suffered damages as a result of the injury.
Advantages of Being Represented by an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Medical malpractice cases are hard to win. In a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice case, being a good personal injury attorney doesn’t necessarily mean being a good medical malpractice attorney.
The hospitals, healthcare professionals and their insurance companies are going to do everything they can to get out of fairly compensating an injured patient for the damages they have suffered. An injured patient needs an attorney with a solid record when it comes to dealing with the insurance companies in medical malpractice cases and getting tangible results for their clients.
Here are some reasons to go with a personal injury attorney who has extensive experience in successfully handling medical malpractice cases:
- Medical malpractices cases often involve more complex scientific and medical issues than other types of personal injury cases.
- An experienced medical malpractice lawyer will know how to discover the evidence needed to prove your case.
- An experienced medical malpractice lawyer will know how to find qualified medical experts whose testimony can be crucial to winning a medical malpractice case.
- Medical malpractice cases are expensive; an experienced medical malpractice attorney will have the resources to pursue a medical malpractice case.
- An experienced medical malpractice lawyer will know how to effectively negotiate with the insurance companies to get the best settlement possible for their clients.
Looking for an Experienced Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice Attorney?
Who fits the bill as a dedicated attorney with the skills, knowledge and expertise to get you the compensation you deserve in a medical malpractice case? In Florida, medical malpractice attorney Lisa Levine P.A. is a highly rated personal injury attorney with a national reputation for prevailing in even the most complex of malpractice cases. She is especially dedicated to helping female medical malpractice victims get the justice they deserve.
Lisa S. Levine P.A. is a dedicated medical malpractice lawyer in Fort Lauderdale who handles personal injury claims throughout Hollywood, Miramar, Sunrise, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Pembroke Pines, Lauderhill, Pompano Beach, Davie and other Broward County, Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County communities.
Contact the law offices of Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer Lisa Levine today at 954-256-1820 to set up a free confidential consultation to review your malpractice case. In most medical malpractice cases, we provide legal representation at no up-front cost to the victim, collecting a fee only after we recover compensation for you.