If you have suffered because of medical malpractice in Davie, Florida, it is important to understand your legal rights and options. A knowledgeable Davie medical malpractice lawyer can help guide you through the process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
In Davie, Florida, medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider or institution provides the patient with substandard care. This can include errors in diagnosis and treatment, as well as neglect on the part of the provider.
However, not every mistake made by a health care provider constitutes medical malpractice. To have a valid case, you must be able to prove that the health care provider’s actions fell below the accepted standard of care and that this caused an injury. Davie medical malpractice attorneys can help you prove that your doctor or other health care provider was negligent in his/her treatment of you, and this negligence caused the harm for which you are seeking compensation.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical negligence can occur in many ways, including:
- Failure to diagnose or delayed diagnosis of illness. For example, if your doctor fails to perform the proper tests that would have revealed cancerous cells in your body before it was too late for treatment.
- Improper treatment. For example, a surgeon removes the wrong organ or leaves medical instruments inside the patient’s body after surgery.
- Prescription errors. Davie doctors and pharmacists can make mistakes in prescribing medication or filling prescriptions, which can lead to serious injury or death.
- Birth injuries. This includes injuries sustained during childbirth as well as injuries to the baby during delivery.
- Anesthesia errors. Davie anesthesiologists can make mistakes that cause patients to suffer serious injury or death.
- Dental care errors. Dentists and oral surgeons can make mistakes that cause patients to suffer injuries, including infections and nerve damage.
Proving That You Were Injured Due to a Doctor’s Negligence in Davie, FL
It can be difficult for a patient who does not have a background in medicine or the law to understand how an error occurred and why this was negligent behavior on behalf of their physician. Davie medical malpractice lawyer Lisa Levine has the experience and knowledge needed to help you build a strong case. She will review your medical records, interview witnesses, and consult with experts to determine how the health care provider’s negligence caused your injury.
If you decide to file a lawsuit against a Davie doctor or other health care provider, you must do so within a certain timeframe. A medical negligence attorney can help you determine when the statute of limitations expires in your case and file suit on your behalf if necessary.
How Much Money Should I Seek From My Davie Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
The amount of money you can recover in a medical malpractice case depends on many factors, including the severity of your injury and whether the doctor’s negligence caused permanent damage.
Types of damages that may be available include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages (in cases of extreme negligence)
Davie medical malpractice attorney Lisa Levine can help you determine how much compensation you should seek for your damages based on the specific facts of your situation.
How Long Will It Take To Resolve My Case?
It is impossible to determine how much time will pass before a Davie, Florida, medical malpractice case is resolved because the circumstances of each case are so different. We can help you understand the process so that you feel informed throughout your case, but we cannot predict how long it will take to resolve your Davie medical malpractice claim or recover compensation for damages.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire an Attorney for Your Case in Davie, FL
Davie medical malpractice lawyer Lisa Levine works on a contingency basis, which means she will not receive payment until and unless she wins or settles your case. This allows victims to pursue justice without having to worry about the up-front financial burden of legal fees.
What Should I Do if I Suspect a Davie Doctor Is Negligent?
If you believe that your Davie do was negligent, there are several things you should do:
- Get copies of your medical records.
- If possible, take pictures of your injury.
- Do not speak to the insurance company for the doctor or hospital until you have spoken with an attorney.
- Contact a Davie medical malpractice lawyer.
When Should I Call a Davie Medical Malpractice Lawyer After Being Injured by a Doctor’s Negligence
After a doctor makes a medical error that results in injury to the patient, it is crucial to take action as soon as possible. The laws surrounding medical malpractice cases can be complicated, and it is important to have an experienced medical negligence attorney on your side.
Davie medical negligence lawyer Lisa Levine can help you every step of the way, from investigating your case to seeking damages.
If you or someone you know has been injured by a doctor’s negligence in Florida, please call (954) 256-1820 today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation and find out how we can help.