Dental health is a cornerstone of overall well-being, but when dental care goes awry, the consequences can affect more than just your smile. Have you or someone you know suffered from dental malpractice in Coral Springs?
- What Constitutes Dental Malpractice in Florida?
- Types of Dental Malpractice Cases
- Types of Compensation in Dental Malpractice Cases
- How Can a Coral Springs Dental Malpractice Attorney Help?
- Choosing the Right Coral Springs Dental Malpractice Attorney
- Schedule Your Free Consultation with Lisa Levine Today
Dental malpractice is a serious issue that can cause severe pain, disfigurement, and even death. If you have been the victim of dental malpractice, it’s important to understand your rights and seek compensation for your losses. Coral Springs dental malpractice attorney Lisa Levine can help.
What Constitutes Dental Malpractice in Florida?
Dental malpractice involves negligence or improper dental care when dental healthcare professionals deviate from the accepted standard of care. Not all injuries caused by a dental professional will qualify as medical malpractice under the law. Four elements must be present to prove a medical malpractice case:
- Duty: The first element in proving a dental malpractice case is duty. This means that the dental healthcare professional had a duty to provide you with a certain standard of care. Coral Springs dental professionals are expected to adhere to the accepted standards set by their profession.
- Breach: The next element is breach of duty. In order to hold the dental professional accountable for malpractice, it must be proven that they breached their duty by failing to provide the expected level of care.
- Causation: Causation is another crucial element in a dental malpractice case. It must be demonstrated that the breach of duty directly caused harm or injury to the patient. This requires establishing a clear link between the negligence of the dental professional and the resulting harm.
- Damages: The final element involves proving that actual damage occurred due to the dental malpractice. These damages can include physical pain, emotional distress, additional medical expenses, and even loss of income.
Proving a Dentist’s Negligence
Demonstrating a dentist’s negligence is essential in proving malpractice. The accepted standard of care must be established, and documenting dental work complications strengthens claims.
Medical records are one key piece of evidence that can support a dental malpractice claim. A Coral Springs dental malpractice attorney will thoroughly review these records to identify any negligence or improper treatment.
In addition to medical records, the attorney may also gather testimonies from expert witnesses. These witnesses can provide professional opinions on whether the dentist’s actions fell below the accepted standard of care.
Another crucial aspect of proving dental malpractice is showing that the negligence directly caused harm or injury. This requires a detailed examination of the victim’s medical history, treatment plans, and any subsequent complications that arose as a result of the dentist’s actions.
Types of Dental Malpractice Cases
Dental malpractice can manifest in various forms, from a dentist’s failure to diagnose an oral disease to a botched dental procedure. Common cases Lisa Levine handles include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose periodontal disease or oral cancer.
- Errors in oral surgery leading to lingual nerve injury or chronic pain.
- Inadequate treatment resulting in the loss of teeth or bone.
- Lack of informed consent before procedures.
The aftermath of these incidents can be devastating, affecting your health, finances, and quality of life. Lisa Levine is well-versed in the nuances of these cases and is committed to seeking rightful compensation.
Types of Compensation in Dental Malpractice Cases
Compensation in dental malpractice cases falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Compensation for Economic Damages
Economic damages in dental malpractice cases aim to cover the financial losses suffered by the victim. This may include medical expenses, both past and future, related to correcting any incorrect or inadequate treatment. It can also include compensation for any lost wages due to time taken off work for treatment or recovery.
Furthermore, economic damages may account for any future loss of earning capacity caused by permanent injuries or disabilities resulting from dental malpractice. This damage seeks to provide financial stability and ensure that the victim is not burdened with undue hardship as a result of the dentist’s negligence.
Compensation for Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages in dental malpractice cases are aimed at compensating the victim for intangible losses that they have experienced. These damages take into account the physical and emotional pain, suffering, and trauma endured by the victim as a result of the dental malpractice.
For example, if a patient suffers from chronic pain or a loss of sensation due to nerve damage caused by a dental procedure, they may be entitled to non-economic damages to compensate for their physical discomfort and reduced quality of life. Similarly, if the malpractice has resulted in emotional distress, such as anxiety or depression, the victim may seek compensation for the mental anguish they have endured.
It is important to note that calculating non-economic damages can be challenging as they do not have a tangible monetary value. However, experienced Coral Springs dental malpractice attorneys are skilled in assessing the impact of such intangible losses and advocating for fair compensation on behalf of their clients.
How Can a Coral Springs Dental Malpractice Attorney Help?
Navigating the complexities of dental malpractice cases requires a combination of legal skill and compassionate understanding. This is where Lisa Levine’s decades of experience shine. With a profound commitment to her clients and a deep understanding of the intricacies of dental malpractice law, Lisa provides comprehensive legal services tailored to meet the unique needs of each case, including:
- Case Evaluation: Your journey begins with a thorough review of your case during a free initial consultation.
- Investigation: We dig deep, reviewing medical records and enlisting expert witnesses to substantiate your claim.
- Legal Representation: From negotiation to litigation, your attorney stands by your side, ensuring your voice is heard and your rights are protected.
- Support and Advocacy: Beyond legal remedies, an attorney can provide a network of support to help you cope with the aftermath of dental malpractice.
Lisa Levine’s comprehensive legal services are designed to provide you with not just representation, but a partnership dedicated to securing your rightful compensation.
Choosing the Right Coral Springs Dental Malpractice Attorney
Selecting the right attorney can make a significant difference in the outcome of your dental malpractice case. Lisa Levine stands out as a trusted choice for several compelling reasons:
- Track Record of Success: Lisa Levine’s career is marked by substantial settlements and favorable verdicts. Her consistent success in courtrooms and negotiation tables speaks volumes about her proficiency and dedication to her clients’ causes.
- Tailored Legal Strategies: Recognizing that each client’s situation is unique, Lisa offers personalized legal care. She takes the time to understand every aspect of your case, ensuring that the strategy devised is not just robust but also custom-fitted to your specific legal needs. This personalized approach underscores her commitment to delivering justice for everyone she represents.
- Access to Premier Resources: Lisa’s practice is bolstered by her access to an extensive network of medical and investigative experts. These collaborations enable her to build compelling, evidence-backed cases, greatly enhancing the chances of a favorable outcome. Her ability to leverage these resources effectively is a testament to her thoroughness and commitment to her clients.
- Client-Focused Fee Structure: With a philosophy centered around client welfare, Lisa operates on a contingency fee basis. This means you are not required to pay any attorney fees unless she successfully secures compensation for you. This policy underscores her confidence in her ability to deliver results and her commitment to making legal services accessible, regardless of your financial situation.
By choosing Lisa Levine, you’re not just hiring a lawyer; you’re partnering with a dedicated advocate who is deeply invested in securing the best possible outcome for your case.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Lisa Levine Today
If you or a loved one has been the victim of dental malpractice, don’t wait to seek the compensation you deserve. Call (954) 256-1820 today to schedule a free case evaluation with Coral Springs dental malpractice attorney Lisa Levine. Lisa is committed to advocating for your rights and recovering the compensation you deserve.